Listening to the Voice of God


How to Hear from GOD - How To Listen when God is Speaking
Hearing from God is not the problem, LISTENING to God is what we need to do.
JOHN 8:43
Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
The only way to hear from God is to LISTEN when He is speaking and Listening to God requires that you are of Him - you are born again, born of His Spirit.
JOHN 8:47
He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.
The way God speaks to everyone may be different, what is necessary is that everyone must LISTEN in order to hear, because it is certain and real, God speaks.
It is important that I also emphasize this point now. In very few cases do God speak to you in a spectacular way, more often than not He does not come in the spectacular, but as a Spirit, because He is a Spirit - that is the nature of God (John 4:24).
1 KINGS 19:11-13
The above scripture says that there was a spectacular appearance (wind, earthquake and fire), but God was not in it, what Elijah heard was the voice of God, which announces the presence of God.
The reason why I said we should not expect God to speak to us in a spectacular way is because the devil can fake a spectacular happening for you, in order to deceive you - he lives in this world and can manipulate things and events. I have heard of people who sought to see visions and the devil took advantage of them and destroyed them. They were hearing voices and seeing visions and thought it was from God, until later they realized that it was the devil manipulating them. Anything that is from God will be in agreement with the scriptures (the Bible) - the written word of God.
If God chooses to speak to any man in a spectacular way - because He can, God is sovereign, He will make you know it is Him speaking and whatever He says or ask you to do will be Holy and will be in agreement with His written word.
I have seen the handwriting of God in a trance (open vision) before, I saw the writings but I did not see the hand. I was praying in the spirit (praying in tongues) and suddenly I found myself in a trance, the place was full of bright lights and then I saw someone writing something in the air, immediately after the writing ended, I found myself back in my physical state. It was a wonderful experience, and it was for my edification, the message came to give me comfort and assurance when I was in the wilderness period of my life and the message was pure, peaceful and in agreement with the Bible. But note this, I was not expecting that experience, I did not seek it, it came by the will of God. I am not saying we should not desire or expect God to speak to us, what I am saying is do not seek after the spectacular.
Most of the time when God is trying to lead us by His Spirit, as he promised in His word (Job 32:8), we do not LISTEN; rather we seek something spectacular, or a vision or an angel to appear to us. We cannot determine how God will speak to us; He chooses how He wants to speak to us.
When I was young in the Christian faith, I desired so much to hear from God, but God was by all means asking me to LISTEN. I will seek visions or expect to see an angel, because I have read about angelic visitations in the Bible, but none of these happened. I did not understand why, and no one taught me that I am not to choose how and in what way God should speak to me - God Himself chooses which way he desires to speak.
The Bible is God speaking to you
Many years later, as I grew in my Christian walk, God made me realise that all I am required to do is to LISTEN when He speaks, because He speaks all the time.
The first people Jesus tried to speak to after His resurrection were His disciples, and He spoke to them by the "SPIRIT" and by the "WRITTEN WORD".
Luke 24:32, AMP
And they said to one another, were not our hearts (SPIRIT) greatly moved and burning within us while He was talking with us on the road and as He opened and explained to us [the sense of] the Scriptures (WRITTEN WORD)?
After many years of always seeking a vision, dreams or expecting an angel to bring me answers to my questions, God finally taught me that a very simple way to LISTEN to Him is to pick up His word (the Bible) and read the scriptures. Reading and meditating on it, especially from the Psalms, or the Book of Proverbs and the New Testament, reading slowly and then meditating on it - reading all the books of the Bible is equally important. In a short while, you will begin to hear God speaking to you right from the pages of that Bible - because that is His word to you.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015